Author Topic: [RP] Indrid 20, 219 of the 4th age, Havloc's Study  (Read 73 times)

Havloc

• Logistics
  • Hero
    • Havloc Tamarin
    • View Profile

• Total Badges: 25
    Badges: (View All)
    Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary 100 Posts
[RP] Indrid 20, 219 of the 4th age, Havloc's Study
« on: February 20, 2019, 04:56:55 PM »
::Havloc sits in his chair contemplating the task before him. He takes a sip of coffee. And another sip.

As he comes to a conclusion he finishes he coffee. He strides over to his staff. Picking it up he settles back into his chair.::

Hoarfrost, I think it's time for that talk. ::As he speaks Havloc thinks back and projects the memory of the first words the staff spoke to him.::
Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” ― G.K. Chesterton.

Like “love,” “hope” is one of those ridiculously disproportional words that by all rights should be a lot longer.
Jim Butcher

AminZeru

• Owner / Game Master - Sidereus LARP
  • Administrator
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Sidereus Home Page (coming soon...)

• Total Badges: 35
    Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary 1000 Posts
Re: [RP] Indrid 20, 219 of the 4th age, Havloc's Study
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 05:37:14 PM »
[The staff grows impossibly cold, condensation forming vapor in the air around it. A matronly female voice speaks into Havloc's mind. There is a faint accent, something suggest Drakkenweald lineage, possibly Elven]

::You may speak.::
"Any dream worth having is a dream worth fighting for."
- Professor Charles Xavier

Havloc

• Logistics
  • Hero
    • Havloc Tamarin
    • View Profile

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 05:54:43 PM »
Things are definitely coming to a head. Back when that Coven tried to take you, you said we needed to talk but after you rested. I gave you what time I could. I think we are running out of time for conversations, and possibly subtlety. I got the sense you wanted to tell me something, this is as good a time as any.   
Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” ― G.K. Chesterton.

Like “love,” “hope” is one of those ridiculously disproportional words that by all rights should be a lot longer.
Jim Butcher

AminZeru

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • View Profile

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 06:00:17 PM »
[There is a pause, as if someone was taking a deep breath before speaking]

::There is a great deal to say. I apologize for my silence, but the process by which we created these staves was rather taxing on the spirits of myself and the other Sentinels. It resulted in many centuries of dormancy and an inability to communicate telepathically. Something about the mage that tried to take hold of this vessel caused its power to trigger, and I was freed of that constraint.::

Havloc

• Logistics
  • Hero
    • Havloc Tamarin
    • View Profile

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 06:07:38 PM »
::Attempting to make his emotional state freely available to the spirit of Hoarfrost. Havloc bears no ill will towards the spirit::

Please, don't feel the need to apologize. I am well aware that there are complications in these matters. Between all the geas and conflicts of interests communication has been....a process.

Any frustration on my part is rooted in a pressing urgency I have been feeling of late. I cant help but feel that time is running out, and that I am missing something important. I need to know that I have done all I can.

Jim Butcher

AminZeru

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • View Profile

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2019, 06:26:38 PM »
[After another pause, the voice returns]

::What do you need?::

Havloc

• Logistics
  • Hero
    • Havloc Tamarin
    • View Profile

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2019, 06:50:09 PM »
::Havloc pauses for a moment. Collects his thoughts and continues cautiously::

I need information. I...we bearers have made some guesses as to what will be needed. I believe we have the necessary components for the ritual you were created for.

The Black Blade of Disaster
Water from the spring of life
The essence of Youth
The skull of Ezraya, Keeper of the Book of the Dead
And Ezraya herself, a Paradox

The idea of adding Eidolon acting in concert to the ritual has been discussed as well. Though the logistics of that have been...theoretical.

Any information you can provide on the procedure or even confirmation we are moving in the right direction would be reassuring. 

Jim Butcher

AminZeru

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • View Profile

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2019, 07:10:09 PM »
[There is a palpable delay in Hoarfrost's response]

::I will provide what information I can...

The Black Blade of Disaster is correct. That item in particular should be sent in the hands of one of the individuals guarding the Paradox. I suggest the Obsidian Elf.

Water from the Spring of Life. Ideal, well chosen as your Force of Life. This is particularly potent and will aid in your ritual.

The essence of Youth is not needed for this ritual. I am confused, how did you come across this?

The Skull of a Keeper of the Book of the Dead - this is vital as long as it is from another realm entirely. It must not be from this reality, but from any of myriad others. This is especially ideal as it will serve both as a Force of Death and an extraplanar relic.

The Paradox, of course, is essential.

An Eidolon participant in the ritual is vital. You will need a Priest and a Druid as well. The rest of the circle - seven spellcasters in total - should be made of your most powerful and capable individuals. Vezra would be ideal as a participant as she is both an Eidolon and an arcane mage.

Bring me to my compatriots in the other staves and I will gather the information needed to impart the ritual to you and allow you to scribe it down for use. You will need the finest spell ink and plates of silver upon which to write.::

Havloc

• Logistics
  • Hero
    • Havloc Tamarin
    • View Profile

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2019, 08:07:51 PM »
The skull is indeed from another realm entirely. My apologies for failing to mention that before.

The spell ink and plates should be easier than the other items. We can start amassing them.

The essence of youth was happened upon in the same circumstances as the remaining items. It was thought as important as the rest. I am glad we can take one thing of the list of concerns. Now that I say that, an axe was acquired on that same day. It belongs to a king to the north. It was lost and was returned to his hand in the same circumstances as the other components.

I can send word to the other bearers and arrange a conclave for you and your compatriots.

((is there a sense as to the nature of her delays? Such as fatigue or consideration?))

Jim Butcher

AminZeru

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • View Profile

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2019, 08:15:35 PM »
((The delays seem to be a sign of fatigue))

[She pauses again.]

::I will have to confer with the other Sentinels before I can provide you with an answer in regards to this Axe. It was not a part of our original ritual calculations.::

Havloc

• Logistics
  • Hero
    • Havloc Tamarin
    • View Profile

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2019, 08:26:04 PM »
I understand. Thank you for taking the time and spending the effort to speak with me. You have gone a long way to setting me at....I almost said at ease. I am not quite that, but I am much more confident in our choice of actions. Thank you.

Rest while I make what arrangements I can at this time.

Jim Butcher

AminZeru

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • View Profile

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2019, 08:29:45 PM »
[The room and staff return to normal temperature.

The staff goes silent]